- She is walking very well now. It won't be too much longer before she is running too. Benji can't escape from her so easily anymore.
- Her favorite foods are bananas and goldfish. There really aren't any foods she won't eat, but I know the bananas and goldfish are at the top of her list. It's not easy hiding them either. She finds them no matter where they are and repeatedly asks for "feesh" or "nanas". It's a good thing she is easily distracted.
- We have been teaching her numbers and she says them out loud but not in order.
- She also recognizes the colors red, blue, and purple.
- Her language has developed so much and she knows too many words to count now. She surprises me with more new words every day.
- I'm not sure how tall she is until her next Doctor's visit, but she weighs 22 pounds now. She has reached the maximum weight for her baby carrier.
- Madelyn is finally getting used to her bedtime routine. She is a lot easier to put to sleep than she used to be.
- Her most used word lately is "mine". She also likes to say "oww" anytime you touch her. It's somewhat embarrassing when she starts screaming "oww" in public when you are simply fixing her hat and clearly not hurting her at all.
- She still calls Mike "dada" but recently started calling me "the mom". I'm not sure where she learned that one.
- Changing her diaper is probably been my biggest challenge lately. She thrashes her legs around like some wild animal. Distracting her with toys and singing does not work so well anymore. Suggestions anyone?
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Madelyn's 14 Month Update
It's been awhile since I've done a monthly update on Madelyn. She has grown so much within these past couple of months. I thought I would share the latest with everyone on what is new with her.